Article 1. Scope of Application
- Accommodation contracts and related agreements entered into by this hotel with guests shall be in accordance with the provisions of these general terms and conditions, and any matters not provided for in these general terms and conditions shall be in accordance with laws and regulations or generally established customs.
- In the event that the Hotel accepts a special agreement that is not contrary to law and custom, such special agreement shall prevail notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph.
Article .2 Application for Accommodation Contract
- A person who wishes to apply for a lodging contract with this hotel is requested to provide the following information to this hotel.
- Guest Name
- Date of stay and estimated time of arrival
- Accommodation charge (as a general rule, based on the basic accommodation charge in Appendix 1)
- a. Name of the person making the reservation and his/her contact information
b. Payer of the room charge and his/her contact information
- If guests are minors only, parental permission and contact information
- Other matters deemed necessary by the hotel
- In the event that a guest requests to continue his/her stay beyond the date of stay stipulated in item 2 of the preceding paragraph during his/her stay, this hotel shall treat such request as a new application for a contract of stay at the time such request is made.
Article 3. Establishment of Accommodation Contract, etc.
- The accommodation contract shall be concluded when this hotel has accepted the application described in the preceding article. However, this shall not apply when this hotel proves that it did not give its consent.
- When an accommodation contract has been concluded pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, an application fee determined by this hotel as the basic accommodation charge for the period of stay shall be paid by the date designated by this hotel.
- The deposit shall first be applied to the room charge ultimately payable by the guest, and if a situation arises in which the provisions of Articles 6 and 17 apply, the deposit shall be applied in the order of penalty followed by compensation, and any remaining amount shall be returned upon payment of the balance pursuant to the provisions of Article 12.
- In the event that the reservation deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 is not paid by the date stipulated by this hotel in accordance with the same paragraph, the accommodation contract shall lose its validity. However, this shall apply only in the event that this hotel has notified the guest to that effect when specifying the date for payment of the application fee.
- In the event that this hotel presents or announces an incorrect accommodation charge on the Internet or by telephone, etc., and the guest applies for and accepts the accommodation contract based on such a charge, but the charge is significantly lower than the previous or subsequent date, the accommodation contract will be considered an acceptance due to a civil law error, unless there is a reason ("limited" or "special") for the significantly lower charge, and the guest is promptly notified to that effect. Unless there is an indication of the reason for the significantly lower rate ("limited", "special", etc.), it will be deemed to be an acceptance due to a mistake under the Civil Code, and the accommodation contract concerned will be deemed invalid and a notice to that effect will be promptly given.
Article 4. Covenant not to require an application fee
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding article, the Hotel may accept a special agreement not to require payment of the application fee after the contract is concluded.
- In the event that this hotel does not request payment of the application fee as specified in Paragraph 2 of the preceding article or does not specify the date for payment of said application fee when accepting an application for an accommodation contract, it shall be deemed to have complied with the special provisions of the preceding paragraph.
Article 5. Refusal to enter into an Accommodation Contract
- This hotel may refuse to enter into an accommodation contract in the following cases
- When the application for accommodation is not in accordance with these general terms and conditions.
- When there is no room available due to full occupancy.
- When it is recognized that the person who intends to stay at the hotel is likely to commit an act contrary to the provisions of laws and regulations, public order, or good morals in connection with the stay.
- When the person seeking accommodation is a designated organized crime group or designated organized crime group member, etc. (hereinafter referred to as "bouryokudan" or "bouryokudan member") or its related persons or other anti-social forces as defined in the "Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Groups" (enforced on March 31, 1992).
- When the person seeking accommodation is a crime syndicate or a corporation or other organization whose business activities are controlled by a crime syndicate member.
- When the person seeking accommodation is a juridical person and one of its officers falls under the category of a crime syndicate member.
- When it is clearly recognized that the person seeking accommodation is suffering from an infectious disease.
- When a person seeking accommodation has made violent, threatening, blackmailing, or intimidating unreasonable demands of the accommodation facility or its staff (employees), or has demanded a burden that exceeds reasonable limits, or when it is recognized that a similar act has been committed in the past.
- When it is impossible to accommodate guests due to natural disasters, breakdown of facilities, or other unavoidable reasons.
- When it is recognized that the person seeking accommodation is intoxicated or otherwise likely to cause significant inconvenience to other guests. (2) When a person who intends to stay at the hotel is drunken, etc., or when a person who intends to stay at the hotel is behaving in a manner that is extremely disturbing to other guests.
Article 6. Guest's Right to Cancel Contract
- The guest may cancel the accommodation contract by making a request to this hotel.
- In the event that the guest cancels all or part of the accommodation contract due to reasons attributable to the guest (except in the event that this hotel specifies the due date for payment of the application fee and requests payment thereof pursuant to Article 3, paragraph 2, and the guest cancels the accommodation contract prior to such payment), this hotel shall charge a penalty fee as specified in Appendix 2. ), a penalty fee shall be charged in accordance with the provisions of Appended Table 2. However, in the event that this hotel accepts the special contract stipulated in Article 4, Paragraph 1, it is only when this hotel has notified the guest of the obligation to pay the penalty charge in the event that the guest cancels the accommodation contract in accepting the special contract.
- In the event that a guest does not arrive at the hotel by 8:00 p.m. on the day of the stay (or two hours after the estimated time of arrival, if such time has been specified in advance), this hotel may deem the accommodation contract to have been cancelled by the guest.
Article 7. Right of the Hotel to Cancel the Contract
- This hotel may cancel the accommodation contract in the following cases
- When it is recognized that the guest is likely to commit an act contrary to the provisions of the law, public order, or good morals in connection with his/her stay, or when it is recognized that the guest has committed such an act.
- When it is clearly recognized that the person seeking accommodation is suffering from an infectious disease.
- When it is impossible to accommodate guests due to force majeure such as natural disasters.
- When it is recognized that the guest is likely to cause serious inconvenience to other guests due to intoxication, etc. (2) When a guest is drunken, etc., or when a guest's words or actions are extremely disturbing to other guests. (Kyoto ordinance)
- The applicant is a designated organized crime group or designated organized crime group member, etc. (hereinafter referred to as "Boryokudan" or "Boryokudanin") under the "Law Concerning Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Groups" (enforced on March 31, 1992), or an affiliated person thereof, or any other anti-social force.
- The applicant is a corporation or other organization whose business activities are controlled by Boryokudan or Boryokudan-min (organized crime groups).
- When a juridical person has an officer who falls under the category of a crime syndicate member.
- When a violent, threatening, blackmailing, or intimidating unreasonable demand is made to the accommodation facility or staff (employee) of the accommodation facility, or when a burden exceeding a reasonable range is demanded, or when it is recognized that a similar act has been committed in the past.
- When a guest does not comply with the rules of use established by the hotel.
- When a guest does not comply with the prohibitions of the hotel's rules of use (limited to those necessary for fire prevention), such as smoking in the bedroom, tampering with firefighting facilities, etc.
- When this hotel cancels the accommodation contract pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, no charge for accommodation services, etc. that have not yet been provided to the guest will be made.
Article 8. Accommodation Registration
- Guests are required to register the following items at the front desk of this hotel on the day of their stay
- Name, age, gender, address and occupation of the guest
- For foreigners, nationality, passport number, place of entry and date of entry
- Departure date and scheduled departure time
- Other matters deemed necessary by the hotel
- When a guest intends to make payment of the charges as stipulated in Article 12 by a method that can be substituted for currency, such as a room voucher or credit card, the guest is requested to present them to the registration desk in advance as stipulated in the preceding paragraph.
- Foreign nationals are required to present their passports for identification.
Article 9. Room Usage Hours
- Guests may use the rooms from 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. of the following day. However, in the case of a consecutive stay, the guest may use the room for the whole day except for the day of arrival and the day of departure. Early check-in, late check-out, and use of rooms during hours other than those mentioned above must be reported to the front desk in advance and instructions will be followed.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the hotel may accept the use of a room outside the hours specified in the preceding paragraph. In such cases, the following additional charges will apply Please note that we may refuse to accept a reservation depending on the reservation status on the day before or on the day of the reservation. Please understand this in advance.
- Until 9:00 ・・・ 100% of hotel base rate
- 9:00 - 15:00 ・・・1,000 yen per hour (tax and service charge included)
- 11:00～15:00 ・・・1,000 yen per hour (tax and service charge included)
- After 15:00 ・・・ 100% of hotel base rate
Article 10. Strict Adherence to Usage Rules
uests are required to follow the rules of use established by the hotel and presented in the hotel.
Article 11. Business Hours
- The hours of operation of the hotel's main facilities will be posted on in-room tablets and other devices.
- The hours in the preceding paragraph may be changed temporarily if necessary or unavoidable. In such cases, notification will be given by appropriate means.
Article 12. Payment of Charges
- The breakdown of accommodation charges, etc. payable by the guest and the method of calculation thereof shall be as shown in Attached Table 1.
- Payment of the accommodation charge, etc. as set forth in the preceding paragraph shall be made at the front desk at the time of the guest's departure or when requested by this hotel, in currency or by a method acceptable to this hotel that can be substituted for currency, such as accommodation vouchers or credit cards.
- Room charges shall apply even if the guest voluntarily does not stay in the room after the hotel has provided the room to the guest and made it available for his/her use.
Article 13. Liability of the Hotel
- This hotel will compensate for any damage caused to the guest in the performance of the accommodation contract and related agreements, or in the event of non-fulfillment of such agreements. However, this shall not apply when the damage is not caused by reasons attributable to this hotel.
- The hotel has Ryokan Liability Insurance to protect against fire, etc. in the event of an accident.
Article 14. Treatment of cases in which the contracted room cannot be provided
- In the event that this hotel is unable to provide the guest with the contracted room, this hotel shall, with the consent of the guest, mediate other accommodations under the same conditions as far as possible.
- If, notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, this hotel is unable to arrange other accommodation, it will pay compensation to the guest in an amount equivalent to the penalty fee, which will be applied to the amount of compensation for damages. However, if there is no reason attributable to this hotel for not being able to provide a room, no compensation fee will be paid.
Article 15. Handling of Deposited Property, etc.
- In the event of loss or damage to articles left at the front desk by a guest, the hotel will compensate for the damage up to 150,000 yen, unless the damage was caused by force majeure. However, cash and valuables shall be treated as articles, regardless of their type, value, or whether or not they have been declared as such.
- The guest shall be responsible for the management of any articles, cash, or valuables brought into the hotel by the guest, and this hotel shall compensate for damages up to 150,000 yen only when it is clear that the loss or damage is intentional or due to gross negligence on the part of this hotel.
Article 16. Custody of Luggage or Personal Effects of Guests
- In the event that a guest's baggage arrives at this hotel prior to his/her stay, the hotel will take responsibility for its safekeeping only if the hotel understands this prior to arrival, and will hand it over to the guest when he/she checks in at the front desk.
- In the event that a guest's luggage or personal belongings are left at the hotel after the guest has checked out, the hotel will, as a rule, wait for verification from the owner and seek his/her instructions. If there is no owner's instruction or the owner cannot be identified, the lost property will be disposed of in accordance with the Lost and Found Law. However, food and beverage items will be disposed of immediately.
Article 17. Liability of Guests
In the event that this hotel suffers damages due to the intentional or negligent act of a guest, said guest shall compensate this hotel for such damages.
Article 18 Disclaimer
The use of computer communications from within the hotel is at the user's own risk. The Hotel shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by the user as a result of any interruption of service due to system damage or any other reason during the use of computer communications. In addition, in the event that the Hotel or a third party suffers damages as a result of an act that the Hotel deems inappropriate for the use of computer communications, the Hotel shall be liable to compensate the third party for such damages.
Appendix Table 1
Method of calculating accommodation charges, etc. (see Article 2, Paragraph 1, Article 3, Paragraph 2, and Article 12, Paragraph 1)
to be paid by guests
1. basic room charge
2. service charge (1.x13%)
3. food, beverage and other usage fees
4. other charges incidental to accommodation
5. service charge (3.x13%)
Note: If the tax law is revised, the revised provisions shall apply.
Appendix Table 2
Penalty (see Article 6, Section 2)
Less than 4 rooms per day or up to 8 people
5 or more rooms per day or 9 or more people
|100% of the reservation fee||100% of the reservation fee|
|Very day||100% of the reservation fee||100% of the reservation fee|
|Previous day||100% of the reservation fee||100% of the reservation fee|
|2 days ago||80% of the reservation fee||80% of the reservation fee|
|7 days ago||50% of the reservation fee||50% of the reservation fee|
|14 days ago||－||30% of the reservation fee|
|21 days ago||－||20% of the reservation fee|
Supplemental information on Section 2 of the Appendix
- % is the ratio of the penalty charge to the base room charge.
- If the contracted number of days is shortened, a penalty fee of one day (the first day) will be collected regardless of the number of shortened days.
- Depending on the specific date and type of room rate, a separate cancellation fee may be charged.
- For non-refundable plans sold on the Internet, the terms and conditions of the seller take precedence.